Tuesday, March 17, 2020

Be Still and Know That I Am

 "Do you have the patience to wait till your mud settles and the water is clear? Can you remain unmoving till the right action arises by itself? - Tao Te Ching 

I watch my grandson Theo walk into his parent's bedroom as he gravitates over to the window where the sunlight is flooding into the room. He begins to lift his hands up to touch the light. He is grasping with his tiny fingers as if he was catching it as it pours through his hands. He brings his hands up to his face as his smiles light up and capture the beauty of his innocence. How precious the moment is for me as I watch this experience that he is having for the first time.
 
I roll onto my side as I wake up in the night of my dark bedroom. The vision of Theo catching the sunlight passes through my inner eyes. Then thoughts begin to move through my mind as I recapture the fears I hear about the Caronavirus. It's such a scary time where life can bring us to our knees, where nothing can satisfy the negative thoughts of fear, loss, death and sickness and so much more. Such a time where the unknown future brings me inward.
 
I breathe into my body as I soften and receive the light. My mind is quiet as I let the light fill my mind's eye. Peace washes over me as I drink in this feeling where I am opening to love, sinking into my safe heart. Here in the sweetness of God's love, spirit speaks to me again and again as I fall awake into a presence that is beyond my thinking mind. I hear "Be still, stay here. I am here."
I listen to the quiet truth of what is needed and I let the dawn open my hands to write.
 
And so it is... 
Daily we are fighting the worries and fears where we lose our confidence.
Let us pause together as we breath, resting in our hearts for this precious moment.
Slow down and receive what is in the bottom of your feelings where unspoken fears and sadness live.
In the stillness let yourself be touched by kindness and tenderness. 
Quietly open like a flower turning its petals to the sun.
Safety and serenity is right here. 
Taste the goodness that is the essence of life.
If we stop for a little while and listen, we don't take this life for granted.
There is strength and wisdom in this hidden wholeness where inner light touches our weaknesses.
Let us step back and sink into the quiet within where we return to peace.
Greeting silence with all that is revealed, we are blessed.
Let us gather together in heart with patience through this time and listen to the still voice.
We are faithful companions for all our fellow pilgrims upon this earth.
Lean in with your heart with unshakable compassion.
Let peace grow large within...more and more peace to expose towards others.
Let this energy that creates worlds flow through every thought, word and deed. 
This love that nourishes the soul brings comfort from your spiritual nature to the world.
You are the prayer, the song of the birds, the light of the sun, the love of spirit.
In your stillness, you will see the opening where grace illuminates with the divine.
The good is already here as God is radiating on us all!
 
The sweetest offering I can give to you my soul family is to stay in this presence. An invitation to breathe into this moment so that the gift of our true essence can nourish and renew like nothing else in this external world. This fragrance of peaceful tranquility goes with you wherever you are and touches others during your quiet walks, during a moment of reflection, doing little things with great love. We are participating in something much greater and larger than our little self can ever know. Just as the innocence of Theo touching the light of the sun as he was perfectly himself in total love of the moment brought me life. Let us be empty so that God can fill us up and light can shine through our hearts as we touch the world even without physically touching as we pray and become the space... quietly empty for growth, life and spirit to enter.
Be still and know that I Am. I Am that I Am.
 
Deep peace to you
Namaste
Frannie

No comments:

Post a Comment