Friday, November 8, 2019

Let Us Be Grateful for Our Precious Life

"Tell me, what do you plan to do with your one wild and precious life?" -Mary Oliver 
 
Life is so very precious! I just spent time away in California to celebrate my grandson Theo's 1stbirthday. How easy it is to be with him as I pause and become more present. He brings me into my heart without effort. I sit watching him. His big blue eyes and infectious laugh pulls me deeply inside where I let go of everything I think I need to do and just settle into the moment. Here in the living room I feel happy as a wave of peace enters me. I watch Theo try to walk, stumble, fall, cry, laugh and get up again and again.
 
As I ask myself how I choose to live my life right now, I breathe in and sit quietly. I meditate on the love, compassion and truth that is deeply inside of me now. With every heartbreak and unexpected experience that lifts my heart into joy, I can take a step into living what is next. Here I arrive, humbled to remember that in every moment, even if I stumble or fall, I have a choice to play, to sing, to open my eyes and feel the beauty of life that flows through. In this silence, everything that I need to know is revealed. 

What will I do with this one wild and precious life? 

Today, I settle into my heart and acknowledge how beautiful my family and friends are. Each one of you are like shining jewels in my life who have blessed my heart with kindness and sweet presence. When I stand in the sacred space that surrounds me, each breath and each touch, I will be mindful of all the details of my life and give thanks.
Step by step, moment by moment, breath by breath, 
I sense a quiet that embraces everything. 
I am the center of it all where everything is still.
I cannot find myself in those things of the world.
I pay attention to the language of Spirit.
I listen to the sweet sound of nothing.
This silence waits for me in between the words and ideas of my mind. 
My heart beats in this sacred place within my inner being. 
I can feel the touch of love that enters when I stay with me.
I surrender to this path that shines the light onto everything I do.
 
Namasté,

Frannie

No comments:

Post a Comment